Thursday, September 18, 2008

How to find humor in life...

Things have been a bit "interesting" recently, but no matter what I try to keep my sense of humor. Given this, I've discovered that there are certain things you need if you are going to rely on bus transportation here in my town. Correct change, bus drivers don't have change here, as I discovered one time when all I had was a five dollar bill and my options were, wait another hour for the next bus, or pay four more dollars for the ride home. An mp3 player would be nice since the buses typically run between ten minutes early to 15 minutes late, which when your bus only runs once an hour is a big deal. Lastly? A pair of Nikon binoculars to be able to spot when your bus is coming because even though they are supposed to slow down for you when you are waiting at a bus stop? With the amount of parked cars on some of the streets if you are not paying very close attention, your bus will whiz right by you...I imagine having binoculars would probably really freak out the people waiting which could result in you have more seat options...

No comments: