Saturday, August 21, 2010

Moments that inspire dreams...


Last weekend part of my family and I gathered around our grill roasting marshmallows and making s'mores. During that very enjoyable moment, it dawned on me how long it had been since we had been able to go anywhere to vacation together as a family.

The last time we had all gone on vacation together was over ten years ago when my five children joined my then new husband and I on our honeymoon. Our lives have become so busy...We need to just unplug...

Outer Banks vacation rentals have been on my mind before, but after looking in more detail at some of the homes that Carolina Designs have, it'd be possible for the whole family to spend time together. Some of us could drive, some would have to fly.

I spent some time viewing the pictures and the floor plans, imagining watching my bunch gather around the pool table, lounging by the pool or hot tub or taking a nice stroll down to the beach. Maybe we'd be able to do that clam bake dinner on the beach we talked about during our family honeymoon trip.

Today it's a nice dream, tomorrow? Perhaps...

No comments: