Friday, January 22, 2010

Supreme Court ruling on campaign finance loved by some hated by others...

I'm not really sure at this point who's going to benefit most from the recent Supreme Court decision, Citizens United v. FEC, beyond having a pretty good idea that it's not going to help us as Citizens to see the corporations have even more power than they already have when it comes to influencing politics. That said I'm not sure it's quite the doom scenario some believe or the benefit to Libertarians some believe.

What's interesting though is reading the reaction. You have Grayson: Court's Campaign Finance Decision "Worst Since Dred Scott" which I admit caught my attention as a headline. Comparing campaign finance to slaves and their children not being allowed to be US citizens is quite the comparison to make.

Then however, you have those that feel that The Supreme Court got it right. I recommend reading both pieces, see how you feel after reading them...

No comments: