My friend Jason from The Rowsey Blog tagged me with the meme of "Seven things you don't know about me." It's actually been some time since I did one of these, since it was Jason I decided I'd give it a shot. It's going to be hard to come up with seven things some of you who have known me for a long time won't know.
1. I never planned on having any children, I did not even like babysitting and in theory I was supposed to have a difficult time conceiving. Five children later, I learned God has an interesting sense of humor.
2. Knowing that my oldest child, my only son, is going to turn 26 tomorrow is both a moment of pride and one where I ask myself, "Sheesh, am I really that old?"
3. I freak my 14 year old daughter out when she discovers some of her favorite songs are ones I was already listening too. The most recent one is "Shattered" by O.A.R.
4. I used to not only play guitar but was a lead singer in a band. Obviously we didn't make it...
5. I lost my very first love when we both ran away from home together when I was 16. When we got caught, he was sent away to some youth facility and I have never been able to find him since. To this day I avoid being in the state of Utah any longer than possible, that's where we were caught.
6. I've started several books and have managed to only finish one of them.
7. Miguel is my third husband, I'm trying to see if that old adage, "Third time is a charm" is true or just bs people like to tell you after you've failed at something twice.
Something you all know is I'm not a traditionalist, so, rather than tag 7 of you, anyone who wants to play along can let me know or if you are one of my readers that doesn't have a blog, (Yes C...that means you too) are more than welcome to share 7 things that I don't know about you in the comments.