Monday, December 15, 2008

I hoped at first this was a joke...

I watched this because a friend sent it to me, I really hoped this was some type of a fake video. I'd love to tell you that it's a fake, but it does not appear it is in doing some checking on How Obama Got Elected



This story got some news back in November when John Ziegler had Zogby do the poll of Obama voters, what has not gotten as much attention is when Ziegler found someone to do a similar poll this time including McCain voters...

For those of you who like the full stats on polls? the pdf.

Bottom line is there is a majority of both Obama and McCain voters who are pretty darned uniformed:

Here are the highlights:

35 % of McCain voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.

18% of Obama voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.

McCain voters knew which party controls congress by a 63-27 margin.

Obama voters got the “congressional control” question wrong by 43-41.

Those that got "congressional control" correct voted 56-43 for McCain.

Those that got "congressional control" wrong voted 65-35 for Obama.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before. Unfortunate, isn't it?

Nunzia Rider said...

I'm curious about the methodology of this, because the Intercollegiate Studies Institute did a similar poll recently that showed similar trends, but the numbers were much closer. ISI does this kind of poll every year, usually about college students, but this year done of the general voting population.

Nunzia Rider said...

Oops. Hit publish too early.

I get all kinda heeby jeebies about how much we as a people don't know about our history. It makes me absolutely crazy.

Unknown said...

Jason, yes it is but I remind myself that over 16% of those polled in my County thought the person they voted for was actually his dead uncle.

NW, I haven't gone through the whole 81 page pdf, it's supposed to contain the methodology, I agree that would be interesting. I just haven't had the time to go through it all. I tend to not believe polls are the "gospel" no matter what they state but I think it's fair to state that it's clear that supporters of both candidates were less informed than any of us would like to see.

Anonymous said...

Its an unfortunate 'video' (FOX News played it a few times I believe, lol). Really, anyone can do this with any person's group supporters, select the specific answers you want to highlight for the purpose of your bias.

Besides, the McCain supporters who think Obama is a Muslim videos were way funnier.