Thursday, October 26, 2006

Down pillows are my favorite choice!

Since I've spent so much time in bed with all of the resting that I'm supposed to be doing, I love my down pillow even more. When it comes to what kind of down you select for a comforter or pillows it can be hard to get good information. How To Buy Down Bedding is a great place to visit and contains many helpful hints like what you should use to wash a down comforter (and it's not laundry detergent). Something else most people don't think about but down pillows and bedding are more friendly to the environment like polyester and some synthetic materials which are petroleum based.

So...get "down" with it! (cheesy but I couldn't help it!)

:-)

5 comments:

Mark said...

I'm not overly fond of down. I have a down coat and no matter what I do I find little white feather flying around me, and the coat isn't even that old!

Unknown said...

I like down pillows but I double pillow case them. The one that I had to get rid of due to age was starting to lose feathers.

:-)

Consultant K said...

Common Sense dictates that you should buy Icelandic or Norwegian eider down products - the down is taken from the nests of wild birds, the harvest is entirely sustainable, and does not involve any harm to the bird or species.

www.commonsenseconsultancy.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I too love my down pillows... my down comforter definitely gets feathers everywhere though, and I can't exactly double case that :-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

A higher thread count fabric can tame the wild feathers, the feathers are not really the problem.

It takes a really tight fabric to contain the down reliably though.