Friday, August 04, 2006

Interesting way to get the attention of voters...

I saw the video on CNN so went looking for more details:

BISCOE, N.C. -- Larry Kissell, the Democrat challenging U.S. Rep. Robin Hayes for the District 8 seat, is looking to fuel his campaign with low-cost gasoline.

At a promotional event Thursday, he offered gas for $1.22 a gallon -- the price when Hayes took office in 1998.

Oil companies "are making the biggest profits of anybody ever, and we give them tax break after tax break,” Kissell said. Everyday people “are telling us they need help."

Hundreds waited in line to fill up with the cheap gas

Kissell's campaign site

4 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Some people have funny ideas about what's "worth it."

And, my free time is worth the most, to me.

P.T. Barnum was right (again).

Unknown said...

I'll never forget back when I was working for Union 76 and they had a special where to celebrate the anniversary of that location gas was 76 cents a gallon. This was of course back when gas was usually right around or over a dollar.

People lined up, waited, filled up cars, filled up boats, filled up RV's..

:-)

Scott G said...

I don't know how long I would wait. When we were on our honeymoon, some gas station in Santa Fe was offering gas for 53 cents a gallon for its anniversary. I didn't even know it until I was filling up and a reporter asked me how long I waited. I told them about 2 minutes. I never got into the article

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! vw beetle convertible hitch zocor weight gain