Sunday, March 26, 2006

An are you kidding me moment...

Okay, so I went to the Columbus Dispatch and found their article on the poll results that shows Blackwell ahead of Petro by 11 points. Not quite as of a dramatic lead as it initially sounds because 33% are undecided, Blackwell has 39% and Petro 28%. The title line above has the direct link to the article.

However, that is not what made me think "Are you kidding me!"...

It was seeing that 4% of the 2,894 registered Democratic voters selected Merril Keiser instead of Sherrod Brown (54%) or undecided (42%). It makes me wonder, are those registered Dems aware of the fact that besides this man wanting gays to be killed he believes:

Israel - God has said that those who bless Israel, He will in turn, bless, and He will curse those nations that curse Israel. America brings on itself God's blessing by blessing Israel and His curse by cursing Israel.

Sure, I wanted Paul Hackett but this? Shaking my head people...shaking my head...

10 comments:

Cyberseaer said...

Just read most of his "commandments" or his views. Is he sure he is a Democrat? Most of what he is declaring is the perfect GOP platform. Though I agree with most of his basic outline and beliefs, his details is what scares me. Blantley putting his beliefs as a platform is a bold move, but he's four degrees away from Hitler, in my opinion.

If Ohio votes him in, I don't want to hear how nutty he is when he gets the power his looking for. Or maybe I do. It'll be entertaining for me. Not so much for Ohio.

Unknown said...

He is running as a Democrat, supposedly because that's how he was registered to vote and as he says on his own website he most certainly is a "different kind of a Democrat"

Thankfully I don't think he has a chance in winning the primary let alone beating DeWine in the general but I still can't believe that many people selected him. Makes me really wonder about the intelligence factor of some of those chosen for this poll survey.

:-)

Mark said...

How does this guy get away with calling himself a Democrat?

Mark said...

Sorry, I asked that before I read Cyberseaer's comment.

Unknown said...

That's okay Stephanie, at least he isn't endorsed by the Democrats.

:-)

Mark said...

Still, you'd think he'd run independent...I don't think even the GOP would actually embrace him.

Anonymous said...

This is ratdg1.

The 4% for Keiser isn't really that surprising. There've been polls conducted with an imaginary candidate (no information, just name) and 3-5% of people pick them. There's no cause for concern because of it. It'd only be alarming if it were higher than 7 or 8.

It's also why any candidate whose name is on the ballot gets at least that amount. That could be because their name is listed first, some voters like to be different, or whatever.

Anonymous said...

The part about Killing gays kills me. Can you point those 4% of Dems to me. We could use those swing votes.

The part about Israel. I believe it too. Biblical. Check. Historical. I would say so.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say..the part about Killing Gays..scares me. That is horrific and way off base. That alone should disqualify him. Especially by the Dems.

Wanted to clarify. What a horrendous view to take.

I still agree with the Israel bit.

Unknown said...

From a biblical standpoint the Israel that exists today is not the Israel of the bible.

One could also argue from a biblical standpoint that Jerusalem was part of Judah as well going back even further when God renamed Jacob "Israel".

Despite the common assumption that merely renaming it Israel makes it be Israel, it's not the same area nor descendents of all of the tribes that made up Israel as the original biblical Israel contained.