Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Admiration for Suzi Hackett

I just finished my first conference call, which was with Suzi Hackett. Before I go into what was said and my thoughts on the call, the first thing we were told was of a new video release by the Paul Hackett campaign called "Sacrifice". I have uploaded it so that you can see it here or you can go to Hackett for Ohio to download this video/get more information.







This conference call was not on policy or direct issues related to Paul's campaign. It was a chance to talk with Suzi and to highlight what is an important issue for her, support our troops. As the video entitled Sacrifice shows, the families here at home are important. Suzi pointed out that most Reservists are not part of a military community and many times these families are without the emotional or other types of support that a military community provides. She talked very frankly about how difficult it was for her family to be without Paul, yet she also knew there were other families who have gone thru worse. Paul came home to them safe and unharmed. Others have not been so lucky. Suzi left no doubt that while it was difficult she understood, agreed and supported Paul's reasons for going to Iraq.

Given the focus of this conference call, I asked Suzi what she did to try to "recenter" herself since not only as a former military wife but now the wife of a man who is running for office it's obvious she has taken on alot to help support Paul in reaching his goal of winning this Senate Race in Ohio. It's apparent Suzi is a very honest person, she first stated she does not have alot of time for herself, but then shared running is her first love but she does escape from time to time to horseback ride. The Hackett Family is one that loves the outdoors so it's not suprising that would be one of Suzi's favorite ways to enjoy some quiet time to reflect. Despite her not being a big fan of the blogosphere, she does enjoy writing and is keeping a journal for each one of her children to give to them when they reach adulthood. As a parent, I agree with her that these types of journals end up being not only important to the parent while writing them but end up being a treasured item for their children later in life.

Suzi's professional background as a Child Psychologist was discussed as well as the topic of homeschooling. They had made the decision to homeschool but they are allowing their children to have the deciding factor in that decision. Their oldest daughter desired the more social atmosphere of a classroom environment so she is attending third grade with her peers.

I had read alot about Suzi during the OH-2 campaign, she is just as she comes across in the media. A devoted, loving mother and wife who not only supports her husband but remembers what last Christmas without Paul was like. She ended the conference call with a reminder to please seek out military families and let them know during this Christmas season that you support them, call them, send them Chrismas/Season Greetings cards...so? That is how I will end this as well.

update....Tulin at Victory06 has the audio and a transcript of part of Suzi's statement....

14 comments:

Neo said...

Lisa -Never heard of her before. But I agree, peace to our troops during this xmas season.

Peace

- Neo

Unknown said...

Neo, that's understandable unless you spend time reading about Ohio politics. I'd have to rely on you for info on PA, except for knowing a bit about Santorum...

I'm glad I got the chance to talk to her, and I hope Paul wins the Senate race. Besides the whole VOID (vote out incumbents for Democracy) aspect of it. I truly believe Paul Hackett could make a very important contribution to not just Ohio but the US as a Senator.

ps..I love your graphic...

:-)

Unknown said...

While I would have loved to see him win OH-2 - winning the US Senate would actually make a much larger difference. (Especially to me since I'm no where close to the Ohio second district.)

I thought the way the Hackett campaign did this was a great idea and I was really happy to be included in it.

I also think releasing the video which was similar to Suzi's message was well done.

Scott G said...

I still think Paul should come run in Minnesota. We could use his wife too. Ohio is too far gone, but there is still hope for Minnesota. That hope is fading though

Unknown said...

No, you know I loves ya but you cannot have Paul, unless I get to move too.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

Let me guess, you're endorsing Paul AND Lisa?

Lisa Renee:

Political King and Queen maker (via blogging) ;-)

You know, blogs could be a significant factor, this time around.

Unknown said...

I believe that Paul will win the primary against Sherrod Brown and that he stands the best chance of beating Mike DeWine. I haven't had the chance to be involved in any of the meet the blogger things before so hopefully I'll get a chance to talk with Paul at some point. Today just made me more sure that I admired Suzi and that Paul and she are both pretty awesome people. So yeah I would say Paul Hackett has one of the limited "Lisa endorsements"

:-)

Anonymous said...

Eff Paul Hackett. He ran a sleazy campaign when he ran for the House. What a two faced liar. Figures you creepy liberals would want him in the senate.

Yeah, bring the tropps home. Bring them home so they can fight the terrorists here. Dimwits.
MM

Unknown said...

Oh...I get it, that's why he almost beat Schmidt who is not exactly proven herself to be very honest?

As to the eff Paul? No thanks, I'm taken and he's married too.

Creepy...well I do like Halloween...

:-)

Scott G said...

Why do anonymous commenters have so much courage? If Paul Hackett ran a sleazy campain, what type of campaigns have been run by some Republicans who have called people unpatriotic, cowards, weak, and if I remember right, talked about McCain having an illegitimate foreign child?

Hackett wasn't sleazy. He was just sayign what noone wants to hear about themselves or people they support. It is one thing to be for a war, it is another to actually support the troops.

Unknown said...

I don't get that one either, but?

It was briefly amusing.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://hpkkdetd.com/bhve/nssn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xswclflk.com/prii/tpnd.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://hpkkdetd.com/bhve/nssn.html | http://arcojthz.com/pjud/njcm.html