Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Is Roberto Iza Valdés

An Asshat? You decide....

I've been working on a research story today, however I was hit with a massive spam attack by Roberto Iza Valdés today. He's been spamming the blogsite for a few days now but only one or two a day which was tolerable. This morning over 20 posts of spam by him, so I said enough is enough and did some research on him.

I reported him to ebay since he lists an ebay store that doesn't appear to even sell anything. I also did a whois search on the domain name he uses:

roberto-iza-valdes.com
Name: Roberto Iza
Address: 1096 Briar Way, Fort Lee NJ
Phone: 201-886-2771

From the whois information, I was able to determine he has Road Runner for his internet service and the domain comes from yahoo. So I wrote to both and gave them the information on him and asked them to take action. (his IP is 216.136.232.176, the complaint address for yahoo is: domain.tech@yahoo-inc.com for rr.com it is: abuse@rr.com )

I also verified what his real name was:

Roberto Iza, he has two addresses listed:

Cliffside Park, NJ 07010 and Fort Lee, NJ 07024
Both those addresses share the same phone number: 201-886-9117

No one answers that number, however the phone number listed for his domain has a caller identification blocker, so rather than provide Mr. Iza with my phone number I left him a nice message asking him to please refrain from spamming any longer or I would take legal action.

Why did I post this? Several reasons, first to vent, second so that anyone who searches his name will find this post and have the contact information that I have discovered. Alot of people do not know how to do a whois search so this will make it easy for anyone spammed by Mr. Iza to take action. At age 56 years old, Mr. Iza should know better. (Yes that's easy to find out too)

Mr. Iza has had problems before:

Via Court documents he registered a domain name on November 11, 2003. Respondent uses the domain name in a credit card “phishing” scam, a new and increasingly common type of online fraud. “Phishing” involves the use of e-mails, pop-ups or other methods to trick Internet users into revealing credit card numbers, passwords, social security numbers and other personal information that may be used for fraudulent purposes.

So Spammers beware, some of us do have a breaking point and we do know how to take action. For those of you who are not spammers? I'd suggest searching your names just to be sure there is not too much information out there about you.

:-)

Go away Mr. Iza...I see you right now being here.

16 comments:

Aaron said...

heh heh heh, she said asshat

unruly spammer + Lisa Renee = go time

Unknown said...

I save that label for special occassions, this was one of them - lol.

:-)

historymike said...

"asshat" IS a funny word!

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Remind me to never get on your wrong side...

(And, if I was a spsmmer, I'd be scared, very scared, right bout now...)

Unknown said...

He's not scared yet, he was stupid enough to spam me again today. So? Re-sent out my complaints. It will catch up with him. I also contacted several reporters in his town to see if they were interested in covering this as a story.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

They say that there's a very thin line separating Genius & Evil...

:-)

That was NOT a slam... Honest ;-)

I don't want to feel your wrath...

Unknown said...

You're safe, at least soo far....

hehe

:-)

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I'd say the problem with the devil and the blogosphere is people like you Mr. Iza.

Not just spamming but trying to rip people off by trying to pretend you were juno.

I do understand spanish, however I also know you can write in English, I've seen it. I'd suggest you move on and stop spamming my blog as well as visiting me. Save us both the trouble of me having to keep reporting you.

Soy una puta dura...

:-)

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Busy Cat....

Respondent registered the (my-juno.com) domain name on November 11, 2003. Respondent uses the domain name in a credit card “phishing” scam, a new and increasingly common type of online fraud. “Phishing” involves the use of e-mails, pop-ups or other methods to trick Internet users into revealing credit card numbers, passwords, social security numbers and other personal information that may be used for fraudulent purposes. Respondent used the “service@juno.com” email address to send the following message to Internet users:



Dear Juno member,



We recently attempted to bill your account but we seemed to receive an error when charging your card. This can occur for a variety of reasons, including card expiration, over-limit, suspicion of fraud, or several other technical difficulties. Please visit the Juno Billing Center, by clicking the below hyperlink, and update your information so this issue can be cleared up.



The e-mail was designed to appear as if it originated from Complainant and it provided a link to (my-juno.com/billing) where users were directed to provide their credit card number, credit card personal identification number, social security number, mother’s maiden name, and other personal information. Respondent’s (my-juno.com) domain name resolves to a website that provides a hyperlink to the (my-juno.com/billing) website, which is a replica of Complainant’s billing website.

Inflamadorate said...

Well, I understand now the rare stuff of Mr. Iza, thanks...

Eugenio said...

Roberto Iza sometimes don´t write a url to visit. I don´t know whats his goal. He is a spammer in english and spanish blogs.

Unknown said...

Eugenio, that's what I've seen not only here but other places he's posted as well. I don't have anything personal against him, all I wanted him to do was to stop spamming my blog and to give other people info if they felt the same way.

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Slander would be if I made it up, it's not made up, the link is provided which contains all of the facts. What I have posted is exactly what Juno stated on the record:

Juno Online Services, Inc. v. Roberto Iza

Claim Number: FA0403000245960

You want me to stop posting about you? It's very simple. Don't spam me anymore and stop visiting me. I'd also recommend you stop spamming Eugenio Martínez Sierra as it does not seem your spam is appreciated there either.

I did not come to you, you came to me. You have posted well over 30 spam comments on my blog. I should not have to moderate comments because of any of you spammers. Nor will I. So it is up to you how far this continues and for how long.