Saturday, August 19, 2006

Confused transbovinites....

I was sooo happy that I was not alone thinking that the movie Barnyard was totally wacked because the male cows had udders too...Even though I realized, yes, this is just a cartoon I found it really bothersome that the voice of Sam Elliot came from a supposed bull with udders...

Then I found this review when I was searching for an image to display here to show you what the male and the female cows look like in this cartoon adventure.

Yes, this is pure fluff. Aubrey decided today was the day to prove me right about not being careful going down the stairs at the new house and now has a fracture in her arm. Not severe enough they are going to hard cast at this point because of the location which those of you who know Aubrey will not be surprised to learn pissed her off. Once she discovered she had a fracture she actually wanted the cast...

This was the perfect way to end a hectic week of trying to get everything ready for school. School plan A did not work out so School plan B was instituted. She is now enrolled in Toledo Public Schools. Then of course there were many more mishaps along the way but? I think this one most represents why I think focusing on why they would make male cows have udders much more enjoyable of a discussion.

If you haven't seen the movie? Don't...if you need further evidence of why not? Visit here where they try to hide the sexual confusion by not showing you they put udders in the wrong places thru most of the website. Visit the photo gallery...However don't blame me if you are shocked...

:-)

5 comments:

Cyberseaer said...

Gee, a Nickelodeon movie that isn't correct in the basics of nature. The fact that cows are female to begin with could have been a clue. Any child over the age of seven would know this. Under seven, they wouldn't care.

Looks like a DVD rental for the kids to watch and for me to ignore. The difference between Nickelodeon and Pixtar is that all of Pixtar flims will entertain the kids on one level and the adults on another level. Look at Cars. It had the basic Disney look-at-yourself-help-others-feel-good-movie-to-teach-a-lesson flick with the adult jokes that hidden inbetween the lines. Nickelodeon make the kids laugh while boring the adults. Example, Sponge Bob movie. Just because it looks like a cartoon, doesn't mean it will be good.

And why is Barnyard rated PG and Cars can achieve a G rating and be a better movie? Talent must likely and knowing how to use that talent.

It is late and I'm rambling and surprising myself that I'm not spelling that bad.

Sorry to hear about Aubrey and glad to hear that it isn't that bad. At least she doesn't have to worry about making drivng lessons yet. (Ha ha! I ducked.) ;)

Aaron said...

A boy down the street fractured both his arms a week before their vacation in the Spanish isles, what bad luck! kids heal up fast though and he's already back in business after only a month.

What did you think of Home on the Range? They seemed to sort out the difference in cows and bulls ok. Rossanne was excellent in that one, and good tunes in that one as well (KD Lang?). The grumpy old goat, the karate horse...laughed my arse off.

Good luck with TPS, I was ok with Grove Patterson Academy last year, but already happier with the public school here. My favorite parts about GPA were the diverse student population from all over the city, and the foreign language for k-8.

Unknown said...

Since Aubrey is the youngest of five we have been thru lots of injuries, ER visits, etc. However this was the first time a suspected injury actually ended up being a fracture.

And... my ex-husband's live in girlfriend has officially made it on my irritating people list.

She graduated from nursing school however she is not my daughter's mother nor is she my daughter's doctor. The doctor said to wear the sling - he didn't say "don't wear the sling when you are sitting down". He also said for her to try to wear it when she was sleeping. However live in girlfriend thinks she knows everything. AND she doesn't have the guts to call me she tells Aubrey who then calls me.

Considering this person didn't know the difference between lice nits and dandruff? I'm not overly impressed with her skillz....

Now resuming to the topic at hand...I think Barnyard was rated PG because some of the language and the violence. I did like Cars much better. I haven't seen Home on the Range yet.

I'm a big Sam Elliot Fan though of course I prefer him to just his voice but it was sad to see him (*spoiler alert*)




get killed and troubling to hear Sam's voice on something with udders...

As for the driving thing C...your time will come...hehehe...

Aaron, I had some reservations but the elementary Aubrey is going to is one of the decent ones. I do agree with you though that your two are going to learn more than their peers still here in the US, especially when it comes to Foreign Language. It is easier to learn while younger.

:-)

Scott G said...

"Little Miss Sunshine" is hilarious. I have no plans to see Barnyard, but still wanted to comment.

I have broken some bones though

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Thse pseudo cows look like they're wearing appliances!

Maybe I missed it but I don't think I saw any bulls; no horns.

But then that would mean that the butch looking cows were actually...

I'm confused, I wish I had never gone and followed that link.

Darn you Lisa... ;-)