Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Well this plain stinks...Sherrod cancels

Brewed Fresh Daily has the news that I learned from Ohio 2nd

The "Lisa" transcript of the voicemail Phil de Vellis left via Brewed Fresh Daily:

Hey George, this is Phil de Vellis listen I'm calling because we've decided to cancel Sherrod's appearance with meet the Bloggers. Sherrod doesn't want to sit down with Tim, who's cursed at his wife and admitted it in public and done some other things as well. I just wanted you to know that this is not a knock against other Meet the bloggers participants or you We just don't want to do this one appearance.

We'd be happy to sit down with you and other bloggers in a different situations but yes so we unfortunately regret that we can't do this but Sherrod's pretty firm about not wanting to sit down there with with Tim. If you have any questions you can give me a call.


To further add to the drama Buckeye Politics where Tim wrote now displays the message:

Buckeye Politics
will be offline until further notice

I'm personally disappointed because I was going and it was going to be my first "Meet the Bloggers" event. I also don't understand why the rest of us should have to have lost an opportunity because of a minor disagreement with just one person. Even if it was all Tim, which it doesn't appear it was, there was a more professional way of handling this. Granted, Meet the Bloggers has found another participant so the actual event will still be held but it's not a candidate that is from my part of Ohio so I'm not sure at this point if it's something I still want to do. Sooo Phil, since Sherrod's free on Saturday now, he is welcome to come visit me in Toledo....

:-)

12 comments:

Jill said...

I think that's a great opportunity for you and Sherrod Brown, Lisa. Well-done and good idea. Will you let us know if you do in fact do anything more formal as far as an invitation and get a response from Brown or his campaign staff? Thanks. And good luck. Sorry we won't have a chance to meet, yet.

Unknown said...

Jill, thank you though I doubt I am a large enough blogger to create enough interest for Sherrod to talk to me alone. I will of course keep you posted and maybe we can end up arranging something in "our" part of Ohio. It doesn't hurt to try.

:-)

Cyberseaer said...

Ah, it would have been a bust anyway. They would be those who would have shown off their paper copies of their Weblog Awards and then strut like peacocks basking in thier own virtual glory. That would have put a downer on the whole thing. Damn those "status" bloggers.

Of course this is coming from a guy who hasn't even started formatted his blog since it's creation in April 2005 as those 84 people have viewed my profile. I just have time to read and comment and just be as much as a wiseass as I can be.

Damn Lisa, first the terror dog and now this cancels on you. Next you'll find out that you can't attend a young Democrat meetting because of age limits. ;)

At least you can read this mindless trite and wonder what goes through my head, besides the air flowing through the vaccum between my ears.

Unknown said...

I'm almost beginning to believe 2006 isn't quite starting out like I had planned.

Of course knowing me, I'm sure that doesn't surprise you C.

Why should 2006 be any different than 2004 or 2005 or any year for that matter. - lol

:-)

Unknown said...

I've listened to the audio files OH2, which is why I wanted to participate.

C was teasing me on a personal basis, I don't think he has listened because he is not an Ohioan.

I realize without being a regular reader you could have taken that the wrong way, however it was directed at me in a joking manner not at any of you.

Cyberseaer said...

But ohio 2nd, if you really want me too, I can start slamming.

SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! Look at me, I'm slamming away.

SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!

This is almost as good as killing virtual hamsters. Almost.

Look I see a virtual hamster now. DIE! SLAM!!!!

Just to let you know, ohio 2nd, What I say here is very much tounge in cheek (with all misspellings) and very few things I say here are serious. But when I get serious you will know. The ever knowing and ultimately patient Lisa can tell you that.

But if you reread my first comment here, you should be able to see the sarcasm for what it is. This is what is wrong with text most of the time, some people don't get the joke.

Oh well, back to killing the virutal hamster (read some achives from 10/05 and forward on to get this little inside joke).

DIE! SLAM! DIE!

Unknown said...

OH2 doesn't know how twisted we are at times yet...if he comes back I think he'll see that.

Who knows...he could be on your side in the Hamster battle...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, those poor little hamsters!
:-(

That's what's fun about this site, is the human nature flowing through and around the high-minded intellectualism.

Anyway...

I wish you the best of luck with this! Hopefully he gives you the audience you deserve.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and speaking of the New Year...

Lisa, I got the inspiration I was waiting for last night. No hallucinations and it all made sense. I can even remember it!

So, the sleeplessness was a good thing.

I will be re-writing and expanding my first novel and making some definite changes that will enhance and develop the story.

So, yea for me! I have a focus again!

That is other than VOID which the other regulars here know I tend to focus on quite a bit.
;-)

Unknown said...

There will be other Meet the Blogger events, and who knows maybe Paul Hackett will do another one.

Or maybe years from now I'll be big enough I can get my own interview - lol

Either way, I'm getting more experience at interviewing. The one tonight with Paul Ackerman was alot of fun. Sooo to quote my kids..."It's allll goood"

:-)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had your moment of clarity for your book. Here I was happy to get five hours sleep...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Sleep is good, though all too difficult to come by for a natural bodily function imo.

Perhaps I'll have a publishable version of this story within my life-time. Who knows? It could happen!