Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Evolution Crisis Update & The Web Awards!

There was some shifting in the Evolutionary Process of the Ecosystem, only one of us was restored to his "former glory". Others (me) moved up one...So we can rejoice for those that moved up and think good thoughts for those still affected by the "Black Sunday Massacre"...

No Government Cheese unchanged: Inbound Unique: 153 Current Status: Marauding Marsupial

TF Stern, unchanged: Inbound Unique: 97 Current Status: Flappy Bird

My very good buddy Me4President2008 unchanged: Inbound Unique: 56 Current Status: Slithering Reptile

Robert at Libertopia unchanged: Inbound Unique: 89 Current Status: Flappy Bird

Peter Porcupine unchanged: Inbound Unique: 139 Current Status: Adorable Little Rodent

Brew at I'm just waiting for the Robot Invasion unchanged: Inbound Unique: 26 Current Status: Flippery Fish

Eric, at Eric's Grumbles restored to:Inbound Unique: 432 Current Status: Large Mammal

Jonathan at Crush Liberalism unchanged: Inbound Unique: 17 Current Status: Lowly Insect

poor stoothearted lad at Common Folk using Common Sense unchanged:Inbound Unique: 113 Current Status: Flappy Bird

Brian at The Radio Equalizer unchanged: Inbound Unique: 201 Current Status: Marauding Marsupial

Brad and his band of Free Radicals at The Unrepentant Individual unchanged: Inbound Unique: 171 Current Status: Marauding Marsupial

Left Brain Femaleunchanged: Inbound Unique: 157 Current Status: Adorable Little Rodent

Me: Inbound Unique: 152 Current Status: Marauding Marsupial. Given Left Brain Female's site is still listed as an Adorable Rodent and she has more links than me? Either I'll go back down to Hamsterland or the next scan she'll join those of us who are Marauding Marsupials. My numbers could go down, more on that "experiment" later.

I also wanted to mention someone who took a very far dive in this whole "Extinction" process. The Squiggler was an Adorable Rodent and is now:Inbound Unique: 26 Current Status: Multicellular Microorganism. I think her status will rise on the next scan to at least a Flippery Fish but she was understably shocked to see that far of a "devolvement".

Now...on to something that else that is upcoming for us to focus good blogging and popularity on...



I've been nominated for Best New Blog of 2005, which in itself is an honor. In the next few days we will find out the 15 chosen out of all nominated for that and the other categories. In checking the list I saw a few bloggers I was familiar with:

Don Surber
The Sqwib
Basil's Blog
Peter Porcupine
Confirm Alito Now

Pretty awesome to be included in that group as well as many of the others who were nominated. If I'm one of the lucky 15 I'll be going up against some of these blogs if not? I'll be rooting for which ever one of them makes it. Well, maybe not Don...he is such a troublemaker (hehehe)

4 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,
Is there a master listing one can look up who has been nominated somewhere.

I want to check up on some of you guys :-)

I wouldn't want to treat the notables amongst us too shabbily :-]

Unknown said...

ht, if you click on the web awards image there is a link that says "nominations" - there are alot of categories but I was nominated for Best Blog of 2005 along with quite a few others.

Some pretty awesome blogs.

If I get selected as one of the 15 finalists then the voting starts on December 1st - if I don't get picked as one of the 15 finalists? I got nominated, that is worth it. I'm figuring the names will probably be announced tomorrow - I wasn't around last year so I don't know if they wait until the day the voting starts to announce the finalists.

:-)

historymike said...

I just signed up, and I instantly catapulted all the way to...Multicellular Microorganism.

Woo-Hoo! (I think)

Unknown said...

Welcome the machine...the crazy machine!

lol

I've had alot of fun with it (as if you couldn't tell - lol)

I'd recommend checking out some of the Open trackback days that you can find on my blogroll for the Open Trackback alliance - its a good way to showcase your blog to alot of new people - if you need any help with the actual trackbacking process? I have it down now so you know I'll help you anyway I can. I'm holding my first open trackback here on Thursday.

:-)