Thursday, July 15, 2010

The power of vitamins and minerals...

Having survived an increased regiment of iron pills, I've learned first hand how vitamin supplements can be important. Considering how low my iron levels were - 18 when the minimum is supposed to be 50, I was surprised to discover my vitamin B levels came back normal on the last blood test. (I still can't get over the irony of having someone who is severely anemic have to have blood tests that requires vials, and vials of blood being drawn.) I don't like the side effects of the iron, it's one of the reasons I've purposely taken vitamins without iron these past years. Unfortunately, it's a necessary evil at this point. My most recent blood test shows my hemoglobin is now up from a low of 8 to 11 (shooting for 12) and my iron levels were slightly above 50. All from vitamins and minerals...

No comments: