Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chasing sleep...

I've always had trouble falling asleep though recently it's gotten worse, in part because I've taken on more work but yet the hours of the day have not increased to keep up with it. This creates situations where instead of sleeping, I'm working. At one point in time I took a prescription sleep aid - Ambien...While it worked to make me sleep, I didn't wake up when taking it, no matter what was going on around me. That was kind of scary after one night of my youngest daughter waking up sick. Thankfully my husband was home but after that? The chemical appeal Ambien offered was not worth the feeling of the loss of control in waking when needed.

I've tried the over the counter sleep medications, with limited success and I've tried the herbal remedies with even less success. It's said that four in ten Americans has problems getting enough sleep, which leads to the question, do you have trouble sleeping and if so, what works for you?

No comments: