Saturday, March 20, 2010

My favorite face product...

While there are many who debate the best skin care products and there a variety of products that may be the best treatment for acne for you, I have been using witch hazel since I was a pre-teen. My grandmother was the one who actually told me about the astringent aspect of witch hazel when I was complaining that the products on the market back then, dried out my skin. It's easy to find in most grocery stores or pharmacies and it's very inexpensive, under $2.00 for a large bottle. All else that is required is cotton balls or tissues, you simply wash your face, then apply the witch hazel. It also works to shrink and contract blood vessels back to normal size and can be used for hemorrhoids, as well as insect bites.

I actually had a witch hazel tree in my yard at one time, but I was never able to successfully make my own witch hazel potions.

:-)

No comments: