Friday, March 06, 2009

Things I should have done this week...

We have a car again, well...kind of...It's not running yet, but there is a 1994 Chrysler New Yorker that is just waiting for some mechanical TLC that will hopefully only be the starter that needs to be replaced, sitting at my house. When my one daughter asked me how it drove (she forgot it didn't run) I told her, well, we can say it tows well. :-) I needed to start checking parts prices which...well I didn't do.

The one thing I didn't miss about not having a car was car insurance, though the wonderful former insurance company we had seemed to feel it was necessary to report my husband for canceling our last policy. I don't know about you but traditionally when you can't replace the car that was completely totaled by meeting "Mr. Bear" and they know it was totaled since they paid off the loan, you don't need car insurance on that vehicle any more. This will create a need for free insurance quotes again because after the hassle we had to go through with the State, I'll never go with that insurance company again. The first notice we called the State who said we had to call the former insurance company, they claimed they notified the state that the violation notice was in error. The State then suspended my husband's driver's license for not having an insurance on a car that was scrapped...Thankfully it was resolved not that it really mattered at the time since he didn't have a car to drive anyway...At least with this car? Any Bears better look out, this time the car might win as opposed to Mr. Bear...

1 comment:

Robin said...

I wouldn't go through your former insurance company again, either.

Hope you find the parts you need for your new-to-you car, so you all can get it up and running.