Saturday, December 13, 2008

We don't live in our living room...

I wondered where the name "living room" came from, supposedly it stems from the Latin word "Lounge" and in some countries it's called a "lounge" as opposed to a living room, which would actually make more sense since very few of us actually "live" in our "living rooms." Ironically in our house we use the living room less than any other room, in part because my husband has his surround sound system in our bedroom so that's where most of the movies are typically watched. At times by our daughters and at times by all of us, some on the bed, some at the computer chairs in the room.

Our living room is small in this house, but I have wondered at times what it would be like to have a larger one, where you could have some type of a home theater seating arrangement. What made me start pondering this so late at night? Trying to get into bed earlier and having to brush crumbs from my side of the bed left by my youngest who evidently enjoyed some chips while she was watching movies earlier...

No comments: