Thursday, October 02, 2008

Finding people online...

One of the things I didn't expect when I joined Facebook recently was to hear from some friends I had gone to high school with, back in the dark ages, it made me think about finding some of them that are not on social network sites. Part of what I do as a blogger on this site and my local political one is to search out information on people. There are quite a few different services out there where you can do a free people search that I use on a regular basis as one of my online searching tools.

I like using LookupWho.com, because it is free and doesn't pretend to be free like some of the services out there, who pretend to be free, but if you really want the information there is a charge. The only downside to LookupWho.com is that their data base is not huge at this point, as an example, I couldn't find myself using their service. A recommended hint is to use that person's last name only with the City and the State before entering a first and last name. This is especially important if they use a shortened version of their name or a nickname, as in the case of someone named James who uses Jim or vice versa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'v been loking for a friend of mine I whent to public school with...and I can't find him ANY WHERE D':I really only have a first name and the school we when to ( I have a last name but I'm not to sure if I spell it right ) do you think you could help me in some kinda way * puppy eye*
I'll come back to see if there is an answer...
thank you