Friday, September 05, 2008

Confessions of a former hat person...

Right now I am married to a hat person, but he of course only wears baseball type hats. Yet, years ago I was a hat person. Not quite to the level of the hats worn at the Kentucky Derby, but for me the ideal hat had to have "personality" else there was no reason to wear a hat. I also went through a cowboy hat stage, shortly after Urban Cowboy was a popular movie and many of us went through our "western stage" learning how to ride a bull at the bar, or in my case learning how to be thrown off a mechanical bull, and taking line dance lessons.

I don't really know why I quit wearing hats, though it seems to coincide with when I had small children and my hats would end up being pulled off my head, but there are moments when I see what I think is the perfect hat that I realize there is still a hat person inside of me...

No comments: