Sunday, March 23, 2008

Oyster jokes...

Two oysters walk into a bar, as one gets eaten the other one says, "Don't look at me, the sign said 'Oyster Bar'." You can blame me for creating that joke, and I found two more on the net that I thought were amusing:
Waiter, I can’t seem to find any oysters in this oyster soup.
Would you expect to find angels in angel cake?

What did the girl oyster say to the boy oyster?
"You never open up to me."

Beyond being cute, the reason behind making oyster jokes in a post is to draw attention to a website that focuses on Gulf oysters. The goal of their website is for you to learn tips and information on how to best enjoy oysters and to avoid being affected by the Vibrio vulnificus bacteria which can be a huge issue for people with weakened immune systems, liver disease or diabetes. You can still enjoy oysters but the recommendations for those who are at risk are to make sure they are not raw or undercooked. Which for me, is easy to follow since I personally prefer my oysters cooked.



No comments: