Saturday, March 08, 2008

Blogging and conference calls...

One of the things more and more campaigns and elected officials are doing when it comes to reaching out to bloggers is making use of Conference Calls to communicate with more than one person at a time. This is particularly important during a campaign and recently with the presidential primary in Ohio I was invited to participate in several conference calls with the Clinton campaign. What can be frustrating is when the company selected does not have the staff to make the process work smoothly.

Having participated in a number of these calls over the past year, I personally prefer the non-operator assisted calls since I have found that type of a conference call to be much easier to get into. The last conference call I was invited to there were so many callers that the call disconnected before the operator got to me. Thankfully I'm a blogger not a business person, which would mean that a business person doing a conference call would definitely want to make sure if a large number of people were going to be on the call that they selected the right type of system to avoid that.

No comments: