Saturday, March 29, 2008

Adventures with kitty litter...

Making a long story short, my ex-husband being the *nice* person that he is decided that I for some reason needed to deal with his irresponsiblity and dropped a cat off here on my porch, taped in a box, on my birthday. It was one he had gotten my youngest daughter as a present two years ago that I made very clear I wanted nothing to do with and predicted to her that he was going to eventually try to dump the cat on me. He's moving and rather than do what we've had to do every time we've moved, which is find a place that takes pets and children...he did his drive by cat drop off knowing that I'm not a mean and cruel enough person to get rid of a cat that he allowed my daughter to get attached to.

What does this have to do with kitty litter? Well, the cat hates the other cats we have here and is hiding in my daughter's room, hissing and snarling any time any of the other cats come near her which means we've had to go out and purchase another litter box and have it be upstairs. Which I hate...because while I'm standing firm on my vow (at least at this point) that my daughter has to keep that box clean, it's clear that her nose is not bothered as much as my nose is by the smell generating from her room. It's getting to the point where I'm considering looking at air purifiers rather than giving in and scooping the darn box. While I can't seem to make my ex be responsible, it's not too late for my daughter...hence...I've drawn a line in the kitty litter over this one...

No comments: