Sunday, December 09, 2007

Ohio's Congressional race gets national attention...

As I started to read Chris Cillizza's latest email, I immediately noticed that a race that I've been following on my local blog caught his attention in this week's Sunday Fix.

Here on the ground in NWO, it appears that there is a very good chance that Democrat Robin Weirauch could win this one, so I'm not sure if I agree with Chris's belief that a loss by Latta is unlikely but I do agree that the Democratic Party can and will claim a victory even if Weirauch doesn't win because of the amount of money the Republicans have spent to try to keep this seat as an R. Part of Chris's post on that:
Despite the heavy spending, strategists for both parties sought to play down expectations in advance of the vote. Republicans noted that Gov. Ted Strickland (D) and Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) carried the 5th District in 2006. Democrats pushed back, arguing that the very fact that House Republicans are being forced to spend from their very limited war chest is a victory.

In reading some of the posts over on Daily Kos, there are also a few Virgina Democrats who are not happy that their special election is not getting the DCCC dollars or the internet attention. The national blogs came slow to the Weirauch campaign, at one point in time I was the only blogger on a media conference call but they are making up for their earlier wait and see approach.

No comments: