Wednesday, November 21, 2007

When I get asked How to Publish a Book...

I've been asked many times what my advice is when it comes to How to Publish a Book since I have written a book. I went through quite an adventure after writing it to see if I could find a publisher for it and then opted for self-publishing my book. In my situation I felt my book would be of a small market of interest though it has done better than I expected having sold over 100 copies.

I have learned quite a bit about the different Book Publishers out there and the process for some can be very daunting and expensive. One of the things I liked about 48hrbooks.com is that they ship your printed books out to you in 48 hours. There are many ways you can take advantage of self publishing by having a nice quantity of books at your disposal, visiting locally owned book stores and asking them to display your book is a great way many local authors have sold their books and in many cities some of the book stores even have a special section for local authors. Donating one or more of your books to your local library system is another great way to increase your local visibility as well as holding a book signing party. In looking at the quick estimator that 48Hrs has, their prices are very reasonable when compared to other publishers out there and their turn around time is one of the fastest ones I've seen.

No comments: