Tuesday, October 09, 2007

They want another dog...I say two is enough...

Currently we have two dogs in our household, one is the one many of you have seen pictured here before, Quilla, who is a shih tzu/terrier mix and Ekoh who is a manchester terrier who did live with me as a puppy and now that the daughter that owned her moved back home is again living with us. I have nothing against bigger dogs, and I can oohh and ahhh with the best of them when it comes to looking at boxer photos. I don't know many who would not want a boxer puppy, especially after looking at how cute Cali Cross is.

It's not as if I'm a person who would ever be mean to dogs or be like Michael Vick and not know the first thing about dog responsibilities. Nor am I like our current president when it comes to abdicating responsibility. That is part of the issue though, is I know very well who will end up with the additional responsibility despite all of the promises. Me. When it comes to the physical work aspect of dogs even the liberal members of my family are like Michael Vick and the President, minus the death of animals and problems in our society, but they are slick fast speaking promiser's of walks and housebreaking and other things that unfortunately for them? I'm not buying and thankfully this house is not a democracy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh... both of my roommates want their own dog now, after we agreed we weren't going to have pets. Maybe I can get a LION that will eat them ;-)

Aaron said...

Benevolent household monarch has a nice ring to it...

I'm telling you, Nintendogs are the answer. The mess they make is restricted to little blue and red dots on the virtual home! You can take them anywhere and shut off the volume when they get to yappy.

Anonymous said...

LOL.....you should know from my living situation how much of a handful 3 dogs are! Stand your ground, don't give in! Unless, of course, you want one of mine ;)