Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random drug testing your child...

I know of several parents who make it a practice to perform random drug tests on their children hoping that it will prevent major problems and avoid a serious issue that would require using drug treatment centers. It doesn't seem to work though, in fact I've noticed that when the level of trust is gone to the point where a parent does that it seems to encourage more rebellion from a few of these children and actually increases their using drugs.

This doesn't seem to be an issue when it comes to sports or other school programs where all of the students are being treated the same when it comes to requiring testing. I realize the ease and accessibility of drug testing but it seems to me the lack of trust and the destruction of the relationship between the teen and the parents I've recently seen go through this is not worth discovering a drug test was passed or failed...

No comments: