Thursday, September 06, 2007

Free the Jena 6!

This morning I was reading the Sojourner's Truth, I do so every week to cover for my local political blog, yet when I came across this story, it was one I wanted to share here for those of you who had not yet heard about it. The article is written by Bishop Steven Ward, If There Was Ever A Time To Stand Up, That Time Is Now!.

I recommend that article, as well as an additional post that contains a link to more information and a podcast written on Bucket O'Bulletz by Suni.

While Seated has pictures, information and even more links...

3 comments:

-Sepp said...

I like to gather my news from muliple sources too and deduce where the facts hide. The Sojourner's truth and the Toledo Journal always seem like race-baiting devisive rags that do nothing more than promote separatism above anything else.
If a white owned "news source" aimed at a white audience was churning out the same crap, we'd call them a hate group and treat them accordingly.
Why the double standard?

Unknown said...

I read multiple sources too, which is why I listed several links in addition to the Truth so that people can get the whole story, or as close to the whole story as we can get.

I think most media has their own natural biases, whether it's the Blade or the Toledo Journal or the Truth...

Anonymous said...

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7170510?MSNHPHMA

Jump to the middle of this article written by a black person and get the REAL truth about Jena.