Friday, June 29, 2007

Optimism of finding bipartisan common ground gone..

In an article that I'm sure some will feel is a victory, even though I did not vote for this President and I can't say I have always agreed with him, I think what has happened with the inability for Congress to work together will haunt us for many years to come. I fear we have now reached the level of political partyhood that very little will be accomplished in Washington. Which at times is not all bad, that is the bright spot that there is less they can mess up but there are important issues facing our country right now that are not going to go away.

That said, as I read, Bush May Be Out of Chances For a Lasting Domestic Victory this one part of the article struck me the most:

Even the hope-against-hope optimism of finding bipartisan common ground after the 2006 elections has officially evaporated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we're going to be able to expect bi-partisan ground from our politicians until we elect representatives that care more about the US and her people than they do about the special interest groups that fund their campaigns. In other words, voters are going to have to wake up and demand it.