Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Trying to learn Vista...

I've now upgraded to a newer desktop and unfortunately it came with Vista, which depsite the hype, I have to say at this point I'm not thrilled with. Simple functions like file sharing that were easy to do between the XP computers and even our Mac are not possible with Vista.

Dreams of easily being able to access information from my older computer that I gave to my youngest daughter instead has been hours of frustration in trying to figure out how to get the Visa to see the other computers on the network. The Microsoft help site is a joke when it comes to this issue, and it appears that even if I get the XP's to be seen, I'm looking forward to a real experience in trying to get it to see the Mac.

I like the new monitor, though adjusting to a 19 inch flat screen is taking a bit of adjustment compared to the 17 inch flat screen I had before. I didn't realize that two inches would make that large of a difference. Speedwise this new HP Pavilion is very nice and if I ever own any HP pocket media device the front bay for it would be a handy feature. I also like the fact that it has front slots for my camera media card.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I dislike Vista... I'm glad I don't have it on my machine. My boss had it on his for two weeks before he installed XP pro over it.

Scott G said...

Vista is evil. Mac OS is the way to go

Care of Sweety Technician said...

I kind of like it.... But then again, I don't use all of the features that likely frustrate savvier users... I barely know how to manage my blog!

Unknown said...

Miguel took over the Mac so I haven't had a chance to learn to play with all of it's features.

My main frustration is the difficulty in file sharing, but I really am having fun with some of the things like the movie maker.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

My new desktop replacement at work thankfully came with XP Pro, despite being made for Vista.

I have yet to hear anything nice said about Vista. . .