Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Headlines on the recent NFL story...

Sometimes I think taking a look at the headline selected for an article can be an interesting experience. So, let's take a look at some of the headlines selected to report the NFL cracking down on player behavior...

NFL cracks down on off-field thuggery.

NFL Suspends Players, Beefs Up Conduct Policy

'Pacman' Jones suspended for season, Chris Henry for 8 games

Strong statement

Jones takes hit from NFL

Personally, I think it's about time that the NFL has followed thru on what the rules state. Even as a Dolphins fan I don't think Ricky Williams should have been allowed to come back, I was disappointed that after what had happened that the Dolphin organization allowed him to play again.

2 comments:

Scott G said...

I think there needs to be more of this in professional and college sports. being a good athlete does not make you a good person or excuse your behavior. I love sports, but I like to watch people play who respect the game they are playing and the fans. It may be their job, but sports are also just games that average people play in parks and on streets for fun.

Holly said...

As a Bengals fan, I'm proud of how the team has done, but I'm truly ashamed of their off field antics and feel they deserve the punishments they get. Professional sports players are people that kids look up to and they certainly don't set a very good example these days. Gone are the days of Joe Namath, Rosie Grier and Fran Tarkenton (sp?). Today's professional sports players are only concerned about what they can get rather than what they can give and what kind of example they can set. They have no respect for themselves thus showing no respect for the game or those that played before them!