Monday, March 05, 2007

Kayne West...actions speak louder than words?

The irony struck me...we have Kayne West who is known for making statements such as this one that:
George Bush doesn't care about black people" and said America is set up "to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off as slow as possible."

Yet, today's CNN reports:
For a feast of onion bhajees, chapati breads, biryanis, pappadums, a specially prepared fish dish and vegetables on the side, the bill will top $3,900, plus travel and accommodation for the restaurant's head chef.

The meal was requested for West and seven guests by a music promotion company, the restaurant said Sunday. The company had previously ordered food from the restaurant near Cardiff, Wales, for an after-show party for a Snoop Dogg concert in London.

I guess that's different though, actually demonstrating that you care is probably a much harder task than making public comments about others...

:-)

1 comment:

Scott G said...

I think it all depends. A person can indulge themselves and still do a lot for those who are less fortunate. I do not agree with him that President Bush doesn't care about blacks, but I do kind of agree that the way the country works now, those who need the most help have the most difficulty getting to it.

I learned when I was in New Orleans that Usher is a major sponsor and helper of the group, Hands on New Orleans. he has helped gut and rebuild houses and given a lot of money to the group. What I like most, is that he has done more than just give money, say a few words, and show up for a photo op. He has gotten dirty and been is some disgusting and toxic areas.

I agree that it is harder to actually do the work than talk about it and unfortunately, I do not know much about West's charitable side, but I would like to find out more about it. Although, I assume that most celebrities talk about it because they think they are expected to and don't act on it.

Hell, I do some of that myself. But I am getting better at actually doing some work. I think if I had the money though, I would spend all my time rebuilding Katrina areas and helping veterans