Sunday, January 21, 2007

The daily Clinton watch will begin....

Not from me, even though if I had to select between Obama and Clinton, which I was asked earlier here at home, I'd have to say Clinton...the daily reporting on what Hillary is up to will be a daily article. Every word will be analyzed, every mistake made magnified and people will discuss what she really mean by "that" or "this". It's obvious in watching it begin:

With minimal staff, no family members and not even a sound system to amplify her remarks, Clinton appeared on Sunday at a colorless children's clinic in Manhattan to announce a piece of health-care legislation, her first real outing since launching her presidential bid online. Despite a media crush that overwhelmed the participants, Clinton treated the event like a routine stop, acknowledging only during a question period at the end that she had finally decided to run.

I'm already catching flack for not being "progressive" enough in joining the Obama hype train. Oh well, I didn't vote for John Kerry either so when it comes to presidential elections I don't exactly have a stellar record in supporting whoever ends up being the Democratic candidate. I voted for John Edwards in the primary since Howard Dean dropped out before getting to Ohio but in the actual presidential race I was one of those 'bad' people who voted for a third party candidate by going with the Libertarian candidate rather than voting for either George Bush or John Kerry. My only consolation at this point is it appears Edwards is still running and Kerry is not...

:-)

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

"...I was one of those 'bad' people who voted for a third party candidate by going with the Libertarian candidate..."

That doesn't make you a 'bad' person, but a "thinking voter;" one of the few, IMO...