Sunday, January 21, 2007

Colts head to the Superbowl....

If it can't be Miami, I'm happy to see that it will be:

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A comeback, a drive, a legacy. And, yes - finally - Peyton Manning gets his Super Bowl trip. So does Tony Dungy. Football's most prolific quarterback put on a show for the ages Sunday, rallying the Indianapolis Colts from 18 points down and driving them 80 yards for the winning score in a wildly entertaining 38-34 victory over the New England Patriots.

In his nine years in the league, Manning has never played in a game like this AFC championship contest. He threw for 349 yards and one touchdown and brought his team back from a 21-3 deficit, the biggest comeback in conference title-game history.

Joseph Addai capped Manning's late drive with the winning score, a 3-yard run with 1 minute left to help the Colts (15-4) complete the rally and send Dungy to his first Super Bowl - and a very special one.


Aubrey's teacher is a die hard Bears fan so I'm sure he's very happy today. She wears my Dolphins jersey to school on spirit days and the two of them have a good natured teasing that has gone on off and on about football. It should be a good game and I'm looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even with being sick and exhausted last night, I could not pull myself away from this game and cried like a baby when they got the interception with 22 seconds left in the game! I'm very happy for the Colts! They've spent the past few years trying to get to this point only to fall short every time! I'd have had to have boycotted the Super Bowl this year if the Pat's had won! ;-)
Holly

Cyberseaer said...

I am so happy that the sports media will not have to say "4 out of the last 5 years.....". Thank you Colts.

I say Indy will win it, since the NFC teams aren't that good. Grossman will choke and Manning will shine, unless he loses his mind. But I don't thionk that will happen.

Scott G said...

It was Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders. Just like the Chicago bulls weren't champions until they took BJ Armstrong from Iowa, the Colts were never championship material until the got Clark and Sanders from Iowa.

I was just happy the guy didn't try to return the interception.