Saturday, November 04, 2006

To rake the leaves or to wait...

Miguel decided today was the day to rake leaves. Of course I'm not in any shape to help and he only bought one rake so my physical participation is not required. However, I tried to tell him it was pointless to rake leaves today because the leaf pickup for our zip code does not start until November 18th. Between today and November 18th the leaves he has so nicely raked into a pile will be scattered and will have to be re-raked and then raked down to the curb for the actual leaf collection to take place. Not to mention there are still quite a few leaves left on the trees out front and it's logical to conclude that some of them will fall...

Thus far he has not admitted I'm right, however we did discover that Quilla seems to enjoy running thru his leaf pile. That is one advantage of small yard though is it doesn't take much time to rake. My best friend lives out in the country and her yard is huge. Our "big" leaf pile would probably equal one tiny part of one of her larger piles of leaves.

:-)

2 comments:

Mark said...

Ah, raking leaves is good exercise. And, if it didn't make my allergies go haywire, I'd do it just for the fun of it -- odd as that sounds. But the wheezy, breathless after-effect is just not worth it.

Anonymous said...

LOL, we're doing our leaves today, hopefully, so when they're done, I'll try to remember to take pictures like I did last year and show you! It is mind blowing the amount of leaves we have out here, but I really don't mind. I think I would if I actually had to rake them though, I'm VERY thankful for the modern technology of back pack and walk behind blowers! ;-)