Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I love the idea behind this group - Bloggers Against Music

Thanks to a local blog that I read, Rage against the Appliance I saw this link to BAM! or Bloggers Against Music.

They are not against music just against people who have autoplay selected on their blogs, especially blogs that don't make it easy for you to turn the music off. I love music just as much as the next person and even have "Jungle Love" playing on my Myspace that I have for Glass City Jungle but it's set to not autoplay.

I can't count the number of times I didn't realize that Aubrey or Miguel had the volume turned up on my pc, and I go visit a blog and then have the wits scared out of me when something starts blasting at me unexpectedly. When I know I'm visiting MySpace I always check the volume first but you don't typically expect music when you are jaunting about the blogosphere.

Considering I don't have many wits left some days....I don't need them scared out of me. So while some of you have some really nice music selections? It'd be nice to have the option of deciding if we wanted sound or not.

:-)

2 comments:

Scott G said...

I almost set "Hail to the Chief" up for autoplay, but decided against it because I thought some people might get annoyed

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I HATE autoplay music too.

If it's a commercial site, I quickly leave without buying and go elsewhere.

For non-commercial sites, I have gotten quite adept at hitting the speaker's kill switch.