Wednesday, October 25, 2006

RIP Liberal Common Sense mobile...

I fully admit I'm not really into how cars look, the days of caring about what other people thought about the vehicle I was in have long passed and I actually have enjoyed owning some past vehicles that other people wouldn't have wanted to drive, such as my bright yellow LeCar or my 1989 Olds Custom Cruiser "Mom mobile". To me all that is important is the doors shut, the heat works in the winter and the car gets you from point A to point B. Despite the fact that our 1988 Ford Tempo tried to yank out my hair a few times with it's automatic passenger side seat belt thingy, the car had character, that and it was cheap. Not to mention it was a cool color of light blue, hence dubbing it the LCS mobile since it's a similar blue as what I designed on my ying/yang type logo.



We bought it after the Sunbird died for under $500.00. Of course things broke on it, but it was an older car. Yesterday it broke down again and with the other repairs it needed Miguel decided he had had enough. I wasn't asked my opinion on it, however he came home last night with:



A 2006 Chevy Cobalt, at least it's a demo so he didn't pay the full price of a new car and I realize that it will be more environmentally friendly as well as cheaper on gas. I guess I should change what some my money earned thru PayPerPost is going to need to be used for though, the idea of having a car payment again isn't one that is appealing but he did get more of a trade in on the 1988 Tempo than what he paid for it...so Good bye old LCS mobile...

:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll repeat what I said last night
**hehe**
**snicker, snicker**
Too bad mine's so damn practical ;-)
Luv ya!

Scott G said...

WTF?

I almost got a Cobalt before I went with the Scion. We can't really afford it either, but we wanted a car we would have for a while and that would hopefully not have many problems

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I've bought cars when I've had enough (as in, got fed up) too, but I rather like buying (or ordering) a car and selling my old car myself.

When I'm in no hurry to buy and I don't Have to have one, the car dealers seem to know and I feel that I get a better deal.

The important thing these days though is the fuel economy and, as you alluded to, the reliability.