Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So okay, I'm stubborn...

Those of you that read Glass City Jungle know that I've been doing interviews with candidates in what I call my "Sitting down with" series. Today was a big day for me as Richard Cordray who is a candidate for the Treasurer of Ohio was coming in to Toledo and made time to do an interview with me and to do one with Nookular Option.

The day did not start out great - our phone is not working for some reason, dial tone but won't connect. So I had no way to call anyone to catch a ride downtown. So I decide I'll take the bus downtown since our meeting is downtown. It became obvious the 9:42 came early...I can't call anyone...the next bus that comes to the end of my street doesn't come for an hour which would make me 11 minutes late to my interview. However, there is another bus that comes at 10:24 but it is over a mile away. I walk...I get on the bus and? The air conditioning on the bus is broken.

I'm beginning to be afraid that this interview will be hell...Thankfully I was wrong about the actual interview. It went great and I really like Rich Cordray and think he would make a great Treasurer for the State of Ohio.

So, now to get home. I'm thinking no problem! There is a bus coming and one that would drop me off at the end of my street in 20 minutes. I can surely get to Perry Station by then. Ummmm no. The bus was again early and despite my attempt to get the driver's attention? No luck. I think maybe I can get to the bus at one of the other stations. Ummm no. So I walk back to Perry Station. The bus comes that would drop me off over a mile from the house. I decide to wait the extra half an hour. THEN the bus comes - it should be an R but it's not it says H but I know it's the right time and an H already came. So I get on. Good thing - it really was an R why it was marked H I have no clue. Thankfully the air conditioner on the bus on the way home worked. Another bonus was since today was an Ozone Action day the bus was free. :-)

I'm glad I was stubborn and didn't give up. I also now have a better idea of how to navigate TARTA so I will be doing that again though hopefully not having to walk that far with as hot as it was today.

I also had a chance to meet some other people today that shared the heat and the waiting for the bus and the bus ride. Toledo does have some awesome people, I'm glad to be one of them. However I'll be a more happy one of them once the phone is working again. Though thankfully dsl is still working.

:-)

5 comments:

Scott G said...

You should interview that Blackwell guy.

Unknown said...

It doesn't appear that Blackwell guy is interested in talking to me for some reason.

:-)

Scott G said...

Maybe he will talk to me. I am a lot calmer and less confrontational

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I was leaning towards Blackwell, for no particular reason; now, I'll have to give the competition a very good look ;-)

Not interviewing gives one rise to rethink one's vote. . .

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.