Thursday, April 20, 2006

Something I've never seen before....

I was reading History Mike's blog and saw an article about the NSM going to Lansing. I haven't visited Bill White's blogspot in a while so decided out of curiousity to see what he was blogging about.

This came up:

CONTENT WARNING

Some readers of this blog have contacted Google because they believe this blog's content is hateful. In general, Google does not review nor do we endorse the content of this or any blog. For more information about this message, please consult our FAQ.


Then you have the option of selecting "I do not wish to continue" or "I understand and wish to continue".

So I "consulted the FAQ"

Special Case for Hate Speech

When the community has voted and hate speech is identified on Blog*Spot, Google may exercise its right to place a Content Warning page in front of the blog and set it to "unlisted."


Bill hasn't updated the blog since January, so there wasn't anything new there anyway but that's the first time I've come across a content warning. Once you click to continue you don't get the message again.

So then I searched "Blogspot Content Warning" and discovered a few other blogs that had also been treated the same, most of which who are anti-islamic in nature. I always wondered if that little "flag for objectional content" really did anything, I guess it does. Personally if I find a blog that objectable, I just don't visit there or link them to give them more hits.

:-)