Thursday, March 09, 2006

So, then I wondered what about Ohio?

I read this article in the Detroit Free Press and I wondered....how much has Ohio's Congressional members spent?

The Free Press had the link to the American Radio Works Public Radio Org site for Michigan so it was a simple matter of changing that MI to an OH and? Voila.

I was rather surprised at the top five:


BOEHNER, JOHN A
Total Cost: $157,603.85
Rank: 7 (out of 638)

OXLEY, MICHAEL G
Total Cost: $98,247.13
Rank: 37 (out of 638)

BROWN, SHERROD
Total Cost: $86,497.95
Rank: 51 (out of 638)

JONES, STEPHANIE TUBBS
Total Cost: $83,143.84
Rank: 56 (out of 638)

HOBSON, DAVID LEE
Total Cost: $54,975.75
Rank: 113 (out of 638)


Total spent on representatives:
$851,685.91

It seems the Aspen Institute is a favorite of some of our members of Congress.

Aspen Institute - $3,493,103.52 spent on 610 trips
68.9% spent on Democratic Party
1.8% spent on Independent Party
29.3% spent on Republican Party


This organizaiton has quite a list of corporate and individual sponsors Corporate Sponsors which includes:

American Petroleum Institute, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company,HealthCare Ventures, LLC Pfizer, Inc., almost all of the major automotive companies and even Microsoft.

8 comments:

Scott G said...

I have to look into Minnesota's delegation. Just to see how much I will get to travel when I run

Unknown said...

Your state's Total Cost: $355,944.80

MN if you haven't already found it.

:-)

historymike said...

It's a good life in DC, isn't it?

Lots of free meals, power, free trips, decent salary, great benefits, and solid retirement package.

And that's just the legal, aboveboard perks.

Who knows what the job is worth by the time you add in all the illegal perks (if accepted - I am sure some reps have surface integrity).

If I wasn't so hardheaded, I might just angle for one of those jobs myself!

(historymike has a great deal of difficulty in smiling when he is irritated, and would not make a good politician)

Scott G said...

I think that I would be a good politician because the variance in my face between smiling and anger is slight. Noone would know if I was happy or sad, but they would all be convinced that I might snap if someone upset me.

I just want a DC job so that I can hang out in all the historic areas around there. Well that, and make America a better place too

Mark said...

I checked out Wisconsin, and found that while we do have the number one guy we're still lower than Ohio.

Unknown said...

I'd say congratulations but I don't think that's something you want to be number one on.

:-)

It's a pretty awesome link isn't it?

Mark said...

No, congratulations aren't in order...for that. Though, I did find out today that I am admitted into college!
:-)

Though I stressed on it for nearly an hour, I did NOT bomb my final admissions test. I actually scored really well, despite not remember how to add and subtract fractions until half way through the math portion.
:-/

And the link is very cool!

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Mike,

"(historymike has a great deal of difficulty in smiling when he is irritated, and would not make a good politician)"

And that sir, is one of your (few) saving graces :-)