Saturday, March 11, 2006

Prayer Boxes

My regular necklace that I had worn for several years broke the other night right after I had gotten into bed. Beads everywhere, and I mean everywhere, most them were small and of course the puppy decided to help me clean them up. There was no way I could fix it and I felt almost naked without it. I can't seem to find a replacement that I liked that was similar to it, so yesterday when I walked over to Kohl's to buy Aubrey more socks, I found this:



Prayer boxes have an interesting history, most people believe they came from the Buddhist or Hindu faith. This website has alot more information including pictures of some of the different prayer boxes used in history. Kohl's had several different styles to pick from, I liked that one the best and even better? On sale more than half off the original price. Will it work and keep my prayers close to my heart? Maybe...but this quote I found at the Prayer Box website I think says it all:



"One single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer."

G. E. Lessing
German Dramatist
(1729 - 1781)

7 comments:

Mark said...

Cool necklace...I don't wear 'em much since my Mom started encouraging my children to bite them.

Unknown said...

There was the longest time period when I didn't wear any jewelry except for my watch and my wedding ring. Kids would accidently yank a necklace and break it or worse yet...yank on earrings...ouch...but after finding that one necklace and wearing it for so long, I was used to it. I also don't often buy things like that for myself, but it was under 7 dollars, if it would have been the original price? Would have kept walking.

:-)

Mark said...

Right now I only wear jewelry when I go out with Mark...even my ring. I wash my hands so much I feel like it's going to slip off.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Kohls huh?

[Hooda putting his "detective" hat on...]

Did you by any chance have to cross the tracks?

:-)

Unknown said...

Nope, not to go to Kohl's.

I've written before about the train tracks, we live right near them.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Then that must that you live...

(In one of about 27,000 apartments east of Holland-Sylvania ;-)

(really only asking to tease, no more stalking for me; not after the last time...)

:-]

Unknown said...

lmao HT, quite a few people know where I live so if you ever do want to drop being anonymous and stop by to visit me?

I'll happily tell you off blog.

:-)