Sunday, March 05, 2006

Musical condoms?

Okay, I normally don't write about things like this, but I was searching around the internet this afternoon looking to see if there were any new Toledo blogs out there before I sat down to write my column for the Toledo Free Press, I found a site when searching Toledo that was from a guy who had just broken up with his girlfriend from...Toledo...so I started reading the his blog because he does write well and he had some very good posts.

Then I started clicking on some of the people that he had listed, which led me to this blog, Human under Construction. As part of what appears to be an "Ode to condom's" type series of posts I saw this:



My first reaction was this had to be some type of a joke. Apparently it isn't, however...for those looking for making some musical joy?

I found when I located a site that actually sells these this note of caution:

*These products are sold as novelties only. They are not intended for use in preventing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases or HIV. They should not be used as a substitute for a regular condom.

9 comments:

Cyberseaer said...

"These products are sold as novelties only. They are not intended for use in preventing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases or HIV. They should not be used as a substitute for a regular condom."

Now what is the word I thinking of? HHmmmmmmmmmmm........no, wait. I think I know. It's coming (no pun intended, you sick people you). Ah, yes.

DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mark said...

Musical condoms...perhaps for the vibration?

Unknown said...

Probably more for the humor value since it doesn't appear they are designed to be worn. Each one is supposedly hand painted.

:-)

Yes the strange things you can find on the internet.

Totally O/T the Academy Awards have been pretty good so far...

Mark said...

A condom that is not only ineffective, but one you can't even wear?

Hmm. The sad thing is that people buy this stuff. It reminds me of the Outhouse bottled water.

Unknown said...

Yes, the never ending "what will people buy that they really don't need but will make us a buck"

I did have a pet rock though...

:-)

Mark said...

:-)
A pet rock isn't bad. I had a worry stone myself, though I haven't used it in a long time.

Jill said...

All I can say is, Thank God I'm married and my husband had the dirty work done to him after our last kid.

Unknown said...

lmao Jill

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

These products are sold as novelties only. They are not intended for use in preventing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases or HIV. They should not be used as a substitute for a regular condom."

Then let's hope that laughter works as a contraceptive (and wards off certain diseases)...