Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's a sad dreary day in Ohio but it's sharing Thursday

Rather than go back to bed, pull the covers over my head and try to make today just go away? Time to share some of that Link Lovin Thursday moments in the blogosphere.

Those of you who know what to do? I'll do what I know how to do...Those of you who don't know what in the blue hell I am writing about?


The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns is the place for the knowledge you seek...

:-)

Freedom Folks starts some link love today with Costa Mesa: My Kinda Town

And this Chicago girl doesn't say that lightly about anywhere other than Chicago. Costa Mesa, however, has The Windy City (a.k.a A Sanctuary City) beat hands down on this one:

Freedom Folks has another interesting post Like A %&$# Rug!

Here's the problem with our media in a nutshell. This guys lying through his ever-lovin' teeth and he knows most of us don't know any better. Or he's an ignorant cad, I don't know which is worse. Mind you this is Fox News, I'm not a huge fan mysemyself (not having a TV aside).

Conservative Cat has an important political message via avideo to share with democrats...lol

7 comments:

historymike said...

Interesting site, Lisa.

I hope your day improves, although the crappy weather will be with us a while longer I hear.

Unknown said...

Thanks Brew, I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting you on the 14th...

Mike, it is something you should check out, most of the sites are conservative but it would be a way for you to get some exposure for some of your articles. I've enjoyed it very much so far.

Just got back from the Urgent Care, Erin's sick but thankfully it wasn't that busy there. Viral so all we can do is treat the symptoms and wait it out...

:-)

historymike said...

Yep, I know that. We've had a few coughs and GI cases the past ten days.

Of course, the kiddies love to milk it for all they can on school days. I thought I would have a few days of peace and quiet after they went back on Tuesday, but I have already made two trips to the doctor this week.

Unknown said...

Her boyfriend's doctor said he had strep which is the only reason I didn't just continue to treat OTC. I then discovered there was no strep test done so his is probably viral as well so it is really stupid to prescribe an antibiotic. A mere swollen/sore throat doesn't necessarily need an antibiotic. And people wonder why we have so many antibiotic-resistant strains out there? HELLO!!!!

His doctor was stupid to prescribe it if there were no other signs of it being non-viral. People need to stop with this idea that an antibiotic is necessary.

(end of rant) lol

historymike said...

You are preaching to the choir on the subject of antibiotic-resistant microbes, Lisa.

BTW - a good book on that subject is The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World out of Balance, by Laurie Garrett.

It will scare you worse than any Stephen King Novel ever could.

Unknown said...

I've actually had to personally experience the problems first hand with immunities to antibiotics and anti-biotic resistent nasties thru some of my own past health issues.

When I do need an antibiotic it's very hard to find one that will work, partly thru earlier years of a misdiagnosis that caused alot of un-necessary antibiotic use.

So now I'm the opposite which some doctors are not used to. They start to give the "no antibiotic" speech and I'm like Yep...nooo problem.

I have added it to my list of books to see if the Library has though - thank you.

:-)

jakejacobsen said...

Hey LCS,

Thanks for joining the OTB party!

First of all I appreciate the exposure, but more importantly I think this is an exellent way for liberal and conservative bloggers to find a common media for debate, and debate is good.

Thanks again,
Jake