Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And the new Toledo City Council President is...

Rob Ludeman...Toledo 11 broke the news first "unofficially", it was then confirmed by Bob Frantz on WSPD. It appears the A and B team democrats could not find a person they could agree on. Upon the fourth round of voting Bob McCloskey and Mark Sobczak voted for Rob Ludeman, as well as the four republicans.

While some of the callers as well as Bob Frantz were applauding the two democrats, I'm not sure that the "other" Democratic group are going to feel that way. Will it help end some of the divide or will it increase it even further? According to WTOL:

"For the 'B' team democrats to find more comfort with conservative republicans I think it speaks a lot about the so-called leadership of the Lucas County Democratic Party," said councilman and democrat Frank Szollosi.

I think it also speaks to the problems with the "A" team causing part of this division as well. Both sides of this Democratic split could have ended this. Ashford making accusations isn't going to help this either. "Look at the news and see what kind of back room deals they made whether or not the democrats will get leadership positions," said Ashford. Well Mr. Ashford, do you think Rob Ludeman is going to appoint people that will work with him or against him?

I'd love to believe Toledo was run as:

New mayor Carty Finkbeiner, who has also been a democrat, (I think that's an error it should be who has also been a republican) told News 11 this election shouldn't be about party lines. "It's how can we work together to advance an agenda that would make Toledo a better city," said Finkbeiner.

I don't see this as a vote against the A team as much as I do see it as a vote in support of Carty. I don't really think the B teamers had much of an option other than Bob McCloskey becoming Council President and that is something many of us did not want, including obviously the majority of City Council as well. I don't understand why Wilma Brown wasn't seen as an option by either "B" teamer, there must have been some reason that I'm not aware of. Initially it appeared she would have been the logical choice.


:-)

10 comments:

Brian Maxson said...

wow Steve..shame you can't accept your own proclivities without throwing someone under the bus to spread your hobbies around.

Most interracial homosexual relationships occur with two mature people with the ability of overlooking skin color for the love two people share.

In your case, I suspect you do it for grins and giggles.

Unknown said...

Brian, that's one of those NIM blusters who like to play on Mike's blog. Steve, post like that again and I'll delete you it's very simple. Keep your fondness for male organs on NIM.

Oh and btw? I'm not only not fat but? I prefer Puerto Ricans..

:-)

historymike said...

I would delete and ignore these clowns, Lisa.

Kind of like obscene callers - they get a kick out of getting you riled. When I started ignoring them, they lost interest in screwing around.

Except when I write an article on race or Nazi issues...

historymike said...

More on my thoughts on the topic - Rob Ludeman - on my blog.

(historymike refuses to enter a 12-Step blog whore progam)

Unknown said...

Nice post mike...sides I'm not really in a blogging mood at the moment. I found out a friend died so the city council drama isn't on my mind right now.

historymike said...

That's terrible, Lisa. I hope that everything works out.

---------------------------------

Say, while Lisa takes care of more important matters, feel free to turn to historymike's musings as a temporary substitute. I don't even know what I am talking about half the time, but there is never a shortage of neo-Nazi wankers to spice up the dialogue.

That's historymike's musings, located just down the road from Liberal Common Sense.

Unknown said...

You are such a blog whore...but thanks for making me smile..

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

Sorry to hear of your loss, but, back to the topic:

"I don't understand why Wilma Brown wasn't seen as an option by either "B" teamer, there must have been some reason that I'm not aware of. Initially it appeared she would have been the logical choice."

You do know that Wilma is a former AFSCME Local # 7 officer and was quite involved in the union before retiring.

Maybe that had something to do with it.

In any case, the Democratic Party in Toledo is very broken...

Rob is one of the good guys and NOT a “Party first, Party always” politician.

I predict that he will do well as Toledo Council's President, and be good for Toledo too.

Unknown said...

Thanks HT, his family is of course going thru alot more than I am. I'm too far away to be much help other than offer moral support. Just cried too much today to be of much logical use.

I did know that about Wilma, it just appeared early on she might be supported by both A and B teamers so I didn't know if there was some type of bad blood between her and Bob McCloskey. In the end I agree with you and Mike on Rob though...

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Bloggies

David led me to this on behalf of VOID. I nominated you as well. At least, I think I did. I'm not quite sure how it works. But, I entered your name under political blog, so I think that amounts to nominating you.