Sunday, November 06, 2005

It's just, 'Nail 'em!'

In page three of this Washington Post article about a possible voter backlash against Republicans in 2006 I found several points I feel worth pointing out. The whole article is interesting, but this to me struck a chord:

A majority of Americans say the Democrats are not offering the country a clear direction that is different from the Republicans, and on the question of which party has stronger leaders, Republicans thump the Democrats by 51 percent to 35 percent.

"I just think they're sitting back waiting for something to happen," said Diane Mashman, a retired high school teacher who lives in the Denver suburbs and generally votes Democratic. "I don't know if they have anybody ready to run for president. They need to get their act together."

Other Americans are simply fed up with what they see as the "gotcha culture" of Washington. "It's hard to know the truth coming out of Washington," said Stephen Libor of Andover, Minn. " 'This guy did this, this guy did that.' It seems there's no love, kindness or understanding of other people. It's just, 'Nail 'em!' "

Now would be a perfect time for some Independent Candidates to come forward and campaign on the fact that they were neither party. It's almost now or never time....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anyone who hasn't read my piece on why I can't support either party?

here

From several months ago, I think one of my favorite posts.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I agree with you Lisa.

I'll be posting more about this very same subject in the next few days too.

I also hope that thinking Americans are paying attention to the messages we are sending.

And, hopefully, we are not alone...

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! 2004 chevrolet silverado 3500 credit card interest free s&m sex boat loan hosting provider front load washers