Monday, November 21, 2005

Blogkeeping

While I am playing around with my template trying to make it work for everyone as well as meeting my never ending search for blog perfection....Some "housekeeping" type updates. Yes, I am no longer technically an "adorable little rodent" in the TTLB ecosystem. I am now a "large mammal", but those of you who think this might end the hamster presence at Liberal Common Sense? HA! I have decided that Hamsters can be large mammals depending on who we are comparing them too....

I want to take this opportunity to welcome my new commentors as well as always appreciating those of you who have been with me since the beginning. Blogging would not be as much fun without you so a huge "thank you" for your participation here.

Some new things to point out, the Life, Liberty and Property Blogroll and Community link on the sidebar. Also the link to the VOID campaign is on the "Causes I support" section as well as the "Word of Blog" an awesome site that has numerous worthy causes, one many of us support Habitat for Humanity is on my blog.

Visits to Liberal Common Sense have been amazing this past month. 20,000 page views will be hit this week with the way things look as well as my 15,000 visitor mark. I also want to thank those of you who have visited and purchased items from my Cafe Press store. I am working on a line of Liberal Common Sense Hamster wear and will let you know when it is ready for those of you who share the love of the Hamster from who all good things come....

Finally, I thank those of you who have made this not only fun for me but continue to agree and at times disagree in such an amazingly fantastic manner. So many other places people do not treat others with respect yet here? All of you should take a bow because it is because of you that this blog has grown to what it is. We still haven't reached our one year anniversary but...WE ROCK!



:-)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asking the ignorant question of the day... What is a hamster, since you're probably not talking about the little furry animals people like to keep in cages?

Unknown said...

lol - df you are biased but thank you.

Stephanie, there is rating system for blogs based on number of links and visitors. It's based on different kinds of animals and I've had fun with each category when I've reached it. The "adorable little rodent" stage was one I was at for a while and I found all kinds of cool little animated hamsters that I've posted here. However....there are some hamster haters lurking among us which makes the hamsters even more fun. I even had a poll at one time and thankfully the hamster lovers outvoted the hamster haters. All work and no play makes Lisa a dull blogger so thanks to the hamsters I always have a fluff topic when I want to make some people laugh rather than think.

So the hamster reference has become kind of part of the blog because some of us feel these hamsters could even have magical powers. (lol)

Though df that was a very creative rendition of our favorite fish heads song...(which now of course I have in my head and it is wayyyy to early for that)

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

You're my "go to" person for help, so you know you ROCK in my book.

(and, I'll be asking for more help again soon...)

:-)

Unknown said...

All of you rock in my book.

Not to mention our mutal admiration is pretty Rock worthy as well.

:-)

historymike said...

Yes, Lisa rocks.

She has been my blogging mentor, albeit in a sometimes indirect fashion.

I have been able to see what works, what doesn't work, and a few things about the evolving blog protocols.

May your first 100,000 visitors be your best.

(historymike may pass Lisa in visits the next month or two, but most of her visitors are of a much higher quality than the hundreds of neo-Nazi and white supremacists who have been blitzing my site - quality trumps quantity any day of the week!)

Unknown said...

lol Mike I have no problem letting you enjoy the Nazi "invasion."

You probably will surpass me which is fine, you have a very high quality blog and are a very good writer.

Cyberseaer said...

Ok, that is the LAST time I take a bow at the computer. My head hurts from banging on it. Screw bowing. It is way overrated.

Yes, I am a Hamster Hater and am the founding member of HHH, though I forgot what it means, so it just isn't that important. Lisa, is the hamster wheel a secret cry for help that you are just spinning your wheels? Or am I just looking into that too much. Most likely I is (slipping back into Yoda mode more once).

May you get to be a bigger and better animal in the ratings and wield more power so that you can get Ben and Jerry to bring back the PB&J Ice Cream. Ok, so I am a selfish little man, but damnnit that flavor was great.

Unknown said...

hehehe C...I was not going to out you as the primary HHH but...

My hamster is exercising so that he will be a healthy happy hamster hence the wheel. (That and I want to vary the hamsters as to increase your hamster experience. Believe it or not and I'm sure knowing me the way you do you will believe it...I have a whole folder full of different animated hamsters just waiting for the right moment to appear)

:-)

Scott G said...

I have learned a lot in searching for blog perfection. Most notably, the more I make changes, the more problems my site has.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

So...you're no longer a hamster. What are you now?

Also, where are the animated hamsters? I don't see any.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

So...you're no longer a hamster. What are you now?

Also, where are the animated hamsters? I don't see any.

Anonymous said...

Never mind. I found it. Doi!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
bestw buy meridia Bontril collect on delivery http://www.popup-blocker-0.info/Yahoo-pop-up-blocker.html

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it 37 hdtv lcd sceptre Dr auguston ca 105 bontril cheap mg anal boils ppc voip software lipitor 10mg http://www.interiordesignprograms.info/roulette-strategy.html Saab wastegate buy us generic tenuate Win at roulette betting Paris hilton video transcript How prescriptions are covered by insurance companies Sexy drunk lesbians Piss or pee Free hardcore black lesbian