Thursday, August 10, 2006

Black Helicopters and Liquids on Planes...



I fear that my blog has caused the attention of...the black helicopters...knowing that none of you would believe me until I had photographic evidence...There it is...

Obviously this must have something to do with today's terror alert.

Seriously though, isn't it obvious that no matter what restrictions the airlines come up with that someone who is determined to take down a plane will? Unless it gets to the point where we are all forced to fly naked and babies must be breastfed only because that bottle of baby formula could be some possible bomb component the only way to stop this is to:

a) catch them before they blow something up
b) end their motivation for being terrorists

Since b) is very unlikely all we can do is continue and increase if necessary resources that would be used to catch them. Which does not mean we need to bomb the hell out of any nations, intelligence does work as this episode today in England shows.

Or we can forbid liquids on planes, make people squeeze out their toothpaste or create some instant liquid check which would make flying even more of an event. While the terrorists move on to plan B.

5 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Sad but true Lisa, all we are able to do is stay alert and develop the best intelligence that we can.

Superior intelligence though, only postpones the inevitable, when your adversary is truly determined (and/or crazy)...

Scott G said...

I am surprised I have not seen any vans with dark windows or "little bird" helicopters. They probably don't need to though since they could have implanted a chip in me while I was in the Army. I never did understand why my immunizations were injected using a gun

Unknown said...

See, that's why I get the black helicopter. First time I saw it keep circling around the house when I came out with my camera it left. However today when it returned? I was prepared...

:-)

Anonymous said...

You bunch of haters... I believe the helicopter was just out for an afternoon stroll over the great city of Toledo. Yes it did fly around our house for about five minutes - maybe the view was so beautiful from up there that they had to see it over and over and over and well you get the idea. As far as the baby breast feeding thing - if women are having trouble now breast feeding their children in "approved" locations things are going to be hectic when allowed on planes, I mean imagine some turbulance was to happen and some old man gets a squirt of the mom's best solution - why there's going to be mass hysteria, airlines will be blammed, goggles and face masks will drop from the ceiling AAAAAHHHHHH. Okay it's only 8:50 and I'm in need of some coffee to relax the nerves. Everyone have a good day.

Aaron said...

"mom's best solution" lol...

Strategies that don't work against terrorists #43: When filing for my visa to come to UK, they actually made me answer the question of am I a terrorist!!!

Hasn't that dinky Toledo Police helicopter been around for a couple years now? Seems it would be circling quite often downtown. Not sure if its ever been any true benefit to the city. Anyone?