Sunday, March 12, 2006

Note to self...

Never ever ever try to give Quilla a pill the way that you have been able to do with every other animal you've had as a pet.

I've managed to get alot of writing done today, at Glass City Jungle as well as my weekly column for the most wonderful Toledo Free Press, which comes out every Wednesday, yet slower than normal.

My middle finger on my right hand (yes it had to be that one) was almost bitten thru by trying to open Quilla's mouth and just pop that pill that the vet prescribed for her roundworms in her mouth. It wouldn't stop bleeding and finally did but it's slowing me down. After wrapping the pill in a piece of american cheese? She took it with no further injury to me.

So I am not flipping anyone the bird, I am however still grumbling about how such a small dog can have such very very sharp teeth.

:-)

3 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Ahh, the wee lil creatures doth have razor sharp teeth.

Be careful when you wave, it could easily be misunderstood, considering...

Unknown said...

lol, thankfully today the band aid is off but I'm still slower than normal when it comes to typing. Amazing how I never considered how much I use that one finger in typing until this...It did however get me out of my usual pan washing job since I'm typically the one who cooks and cleans up.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I had a left index finger in stiches when I got my first desktop system at work.

To this day, I type with that finger in the air, it just seems natural...