Saturday, July 24, 2010

D.C. “Hollywood for ugly people.”

Michael C. Moynihan writes a thought provoking piece that's subtitled, A week of navel-gazing coverage of Andrew Breitbart, the Journolist, and race. As someone who was not one of the 400 on Journolist but is on a smaller list here in Ohio for the "politically connected" -- some of what Moynihan writes I identified with.

I too clearly understand my role in the world of politics and I've seen first hand some of the same behavior that I chalk up to what he describes as:

This whole “debate,” if we can charitably call it that, is a mess of straw men, hypocrisy, stupidity, and reflexive defenses of one’s own tribe. It has nothing to do with fairness, journalistic ethics, or the immorality of dragging the reputations of innocents through the mud in an attempt at scoring political points.


The only difference is I describe it as herd mentality...

No comments: