Friday, February 26, 2010

Supplements versus pain pills...

I suffer from joint pain as well as a close friend of mine. She takes a variety of different herbal supplements that she says works for her to reduce her pain level. I've tried some of the same products as well as quite a few others over the years and have not yet found one that works for me.

However, I also don't take pain pills very often, since they can have troubling side effects, especially if taken on a regular basis. It means living with pain, which many do. It also means trying to find a doctor that will actually address your pain level. I've had some very miserable experiences with physicians and am currently looking for a new doctor again. When you take a bag full of the previous medications that have been tried and they don't listen? You know you are wasting time and money...

No comments: